Friday, May 9, 2008

Exploring London and Conquoring the Slopes








In December of 2007 Dad and Hayley took us kids on a trip to the UK and a little rendevu on the ski slopes in France. We stayed in Surrey, just outside London, with Clint and Nicky (Hayley's brother and sister-in-law), and then we all went to the French Alps together to Chamonix - a beautiful picteresque town on the border of Switzerland and France.

What an amazing experience! I deffinitely want to return to the UK sometime. There is just so much to explore, experience and absorb. Maybe next time I will go alone and loose myself, do some soul searching. I actually really enjoyed going in winter. London has a strange beauty in that season - an eery elegance which compliments alot of the architecture in central London.

I will never forget my time in France, though partly because I came home with a fractured wrist but let me not get ahead of myself.. As cliched as it may be, there is something wonderful about a white Christmas. The fairytale pine trees capped in white, the powder-like snow, the home cooked turkey it's all fabulous. Add in snowboarding and Baileys and now we have the perfect picture!

Snowboarding is an experience one cannot explain until the person has experienced it for themselves. It is one of the most exhilirating and rewarding sports I have yet come across (plus you are always surrounded by natures glorious beauty). To be honest I only started out on the board because I was determined to prove people that I could do it, but hey whatever the reason as long as you are there! Well I can look back and say that it was the best stubborn decision I have ever made. I think I've got to work on my falls though, next time I plan not to break a bone...

No comments: